WordReference Random House Learner’s Dictionary of American English © 2020
per•son•al /ˈpɜrsənəl/USA pronunciation
- of or relating to a person;
individual:[before a noun]He gave his own, personal opinion.
- private:My feelings for the deceased were too personal for me to share at the funeral.
- directed to or intended for a particular person:[before a noun]I asked him for a personal favor.
- referring or directed offensively to a particular person:personal remarks about his wife.
- done, carried out, held, etc., in person:[before a noun]a personal interview with the Pope.
- relating to the body, clothing, or appearance:[before a noun]personal cleanliness.
- Grammar[before a noun] of, relating to, or showing grammatical person:The personal ending-o in the Spanish hablo ,